WordPress.com vs WordPress.org – Which is for Blogging?
WordPress.com vs WordPress.org
If you’re thinking about starting a WordPress blog, you probably noticed there are 2 versions of
WordPress: WordPress.com and WordPress.org. So, which one should you choose? That depends
on your requirements. Lets take a closer look!
- WordPress.org is much more flexible, but it comes with a cost: you need a domain name and web hosting to host your blog.
- On the other hand, this isn’t a big cost. Hosting fees start at a couple of dollars a month.
- Using this method gives you much more freedom: you can use the theme of your choice and extend your blog with a choice of plugins, adding a lot more functionality to your blog.
- If you’re planning to create a company blog or site, then you should go for this option.
- It is open source and 100% free for anyone to use. All you need is a domain name and web hosting. That is why it is also referred to as self-hosted WordPress.
- You can use add free, paid, and custom WordPress plugins / apps to your website.
- You can use powerful tools like Google Analytics for custom analytics and tracking.
- If you are a business or a blogger that wants to make money from your website, then we recommend using the self-hosted WordPress.org.
- It gives you the freedom and flexibility to grow your website the way you want.
- WordPress.com is a better option when you don’t want to host your blog yourself.
- WordPress.com will host your blog and this is really the best way to enjoy blogging for free.
- If you wish to be launched and established with a WordPress blog as fast as possible and with minimal work or cost, then WordPress.com is an excellent choice.
- But there are certain limitations with this option. A WordPress.com site is hard to customize (limited choice of themes and functionalities) and you can’t include your own ads.
- This will make it a poor option if you’re planning to make money with your blog.
- A last thing you have to keep in mind is that you don’t own the blog, but WordPress does. They can end your blog at any time if your blog doesn’t meet there policy.
- They can delete your site at anytime if they think it violates their Terms of Service.
- You cannot add Google Analytic or install other powerful tracking platforms. Business plan users can install Google Analytics.
- You cannot upload plugins. They also limited number of themes.
Some Other Comparison:
Google Search Console is only for WordPress.org.
If you want to make sure your website is SEO-friendly, WordPress.org is the clear winner. Yes it will require an initial investment between domain, hosting, a premium WordPress theme, and maybe some help from a developer setting your theme up. But you will have access to plugins, Search Console and SEO tools you would not have otherwise had with wordpress.com.
If this article is helpful for you please comment below and don’t forget to subscribe. if you have any problem about WordPress, SEO, Keyword Planner and other website issues then send a massage. I will reply as soon as possible.