Install Dual Boot Kali Linux
Today’s generation is try to learning new thing and create own destiny. So many of them are try to using dual boot feature to excess two operating system at the single computer. Some are using kali Linux for ethical practices and someone is use window 10 for using adobe filmmaker which is only run window 10 operating system. A single computer can do both of work at the same operating system. So here we some steps to make the computer run both operating system at one computer. By help of install dual boot you can learn more things.
Steps are following ways:
Download ISO File of kali Linux.
Step 2 If you have pre-installed windows and try to install dual boot kali linux then right click on the My Computer and select Manage option then select the Disk Management option.
Step3. Right click on C driver and select the Shrink Option in order to resize the partition.
Step 4. Use a value best-suited for you, depending on your HDD size, on the amount of space to shrink MB field (minimum 20000 MB recommended) and hit Shrink button to start the process of resizing the partition.
When the process finishes a new unallocated space will appear on the hard drive.
Step 5. Close Disk Management utility, place kali Linux DVD or USB bootable image in the appropriate drive. Reboot the computer in order to start with kali Linux installation.
In case you’re booting kali Linux for installation from a USB driver in UEFI mode. Make sure you’ve created the bootable USB stick using a utility such as Rufus, which is UEFI compatible, otherwise your USB bootable drive won’t boot.
Installation of kali Linux
5. After reboot, press the special function key and instruct the machine firmware (UEFI) to boot-up from the appropriate DVD or USB drive. The special function keys usually are F12, F10 or F2 depending on the motherboard manufacturer.
Once the media boots-up a new screen should appear on your monitor. Choose Graphical Install and hit Enter to continue.
6. Wait until the system loads into RAM in order to run in live-mode and open the installer by double clicking on Install kali Linux icon.
Choose the language you wish to perform the installation and click on Continue button to proceed further.
7. On the next screen hit on Continue button to proceed further. Third-party software can be automatically download. And installed on this step by checking the check-box.
After the installation process completes.
8. At the next screen you can choose the Installation Type. If Windows Boot manager is automatically detected you can choose to Install kali Linux alongside Windows Boot Manager. This option ensures that the HDD will be automatically partitioned by the installer without any data loss.
The second option, Erase disk and install Ubuntu, should be avoided for dual-boot because is potentially dangerous and will wipe-out your disk.
Hit on Continue button to proceed further.
9.Now let’s create the partition layout for kali Linux . I would recommend that you create three partitions, one for /root, one for /home accounts data and one partition for swap.
First create the swap partition. Select the free space and hit on the + icon from below. On this partition use the following settings and hit OK to create the partition:
Select free partition
Create swap partition10.
using the same steps as above create the /root partition with below settings.
select free space
create root partition
11.Finally, create the /home slice with the below settings (use all the available free space to create /home partition).
Home partition is the place where all documents for user accounts will be stored by default, except the /root account. In case of a system failure you can reinstall the operating system for scratch without touching or losing the settings and documents of all users.
Hit click on install now
And follow the steps which is ask to proceed click Continue
Create home partition
12. After finishing creating the partition layout, select Windows Boot Manager as the device for installing the Grub boot loader and hit on Install Now button in order to commit changes to disk and proceed with the installation.
Next a new pop-up window will ask you if you agree with committing changes to disk. Hit on Continue to accept changes and the installer will now start to write changes to disk.The installation process will take a while and when it reaches the final step it will ask you to hit on Restart Now button to complete the installation.
17. After reboot, the system will first boot-up in Grub, with kali Linux as the first boot option which will be automatically started after10 seconds. Form here you can further instruct the computer to boot in Windows or Linux.
On computers with newer UEFI firmware the Grub boot loader won’t be displayed by default and the machine will automatically boot-up in Windows.
In order to install dual boot into Linux you must press the special function boot key after restart and from there to further select what OS you wish to start.
In order to change the default install dual boot order enter UEFI settings, select your default OS and save the changes. Review the vendor’s manual in order to detect the special function keys used for boot or for entering UEFI settings.
18. After the system finishes loading, log in to kali Linux by using the credentials created during the installation process. Fire-up a Terminal window and start the update process from command line by running the following commands:
That’s it! You have successfully installed the latest version of Linux Mint 18 on your device.