Hello friends, if you have wordpress blog then you must know about Jetpack by WordPress plugin. Today we are going to tell about the advantages and disadvantages of using this plugin in this post. So you must read this post till the last.
If you are a WORDPRESS user then you will know about Jetpack by WordPress.com plugin. This is a great plugin, created by Automattic. That is, it’s made by the wordpress team. It adds a lot of features and capabilities to your blog. By which you can make your blog even better
Firstly this plugin was made for wordpress.com and when people started doing it too much, developers also got it available for wordpress.org.
It is one of the top 10 plugins of wordpress, in which there are not many features. It does 20-30 plugins alone. Whenever a new user creates a wordpress blog, he first installs this plugin. When you go to the Add Plugin page in the blog, then this plugin is definitely shown in the recommendation. So almost all the new wordpress user installs it.
In my case, when I made this blog, I also configured it by installing the jetpack plugin. I used it for about 1 year and after that I started to get a little bit of idea that this plugin has slowed down the performance of my blog.
You must be hearing from many people that the jetpack plugin makes the site slow. So today we are going to tell you about the pros and cons of using this plugin in this post. By which you will be able to make the right decision yourself whether you should use it or not.
What is Jetpack by WordPress Plugin?
This is a free wordpress plugin, which is developed by the wordpress team itself. A lot of features have been added to this plugin, so you can get your blog extra accessibility. When you install automatic wordpress in cpanel, then this plugin will be installed automatically.
It has approximately 30+ features that will help in customizing your site as well as bringing your site to a new location. To use it you have to login with wordpress.com account so that jetpack is able to get basic details from your blog.
I am telling you about some of its features or modules below.
- Beautiful Math: Through it you can use LaTeX Markup in your posts and pages.
- Carousel: You can create full-page slideshows from Image Gallary.
- Comments: Readers can comment in your blog via Facebook, Twitter, or WordPress.com accounts.
- Contact Form: This can add a contact form to your post or page.
- Enhanced Distribution: When you update a new post, it will notify third party services.
- Extra Widgets: This will add additional widgets such as Twitter streams, image galleries, and RSS links to your blog.
- Likes: You can “like” the readers posts and pages containing wordpress.com accounts in your blog.
- Mobile Theme: If you do not use mobile friendly theme, this module enables mobile friendly theme in your blog.
- Monitor: When your site is down you will get a notification via email.
- Photon: This optimizes images in your blog and loads them by CDN.
- Post by Email: This allows you to publish post by email.
- Protect: It blocks blocking malicious attempts.
- Publicize: This allows you to share new posts of your blog automatically on social networks such as twitter, facebook.
- Related Posts: This helps to show related post below your blog post.
- Sharing: It displays social sharing buttons in your blog posts and pages.
- Site Stats: This allows you to check basic traffic and analytics.
- Subscriptions: This allows your readers to subscribe to post comment.
- Spelling and Grammar: It allows wordpress editor to check spellings and grammar.
- Tiled Galleries: You can create image gallery in fancy layout.
- me Shortlinks: This generates wp.me shortlink for each of your posts.
Apart from this, there are many other features that help improve your blog. Let us now tell you about its pros and cons.
Pros and Cons of Jetpack by WordPress
- It has lots of features, which helps improve your blog.
- You can disable the modules in which it is not useful.
- It provides you with lots of features, Beautiful Tiled Galleries and Carousel (lightbox) which is hard to find in free.
- Instead of using too many plugins, you can use it alone.
- This plugin has been created by top class wordpress developers. Which is absolutely safe.
- In this, Photon is a great plugin that helps to load images fastly from CDN.
- This allows subscriptions in your blog.
- Many features and all the many features in this plugin will not be useful to you.
- Its size is approximately 6 MB and the size of WordPress core is 9 MB.
- This is a very heavy plugin. A lot of users have reported about it slowing down their site.
- As many professional bloggers do, they do not use more widgets in their blogs. For those who do not like to use more widgets, this plugin is useless.
- To use all of its options, you have to create an account in wordpress.com.
- If you use photon, if your image is shown in search engine then clicking on it will redirect the visitor to your site instead of the site of the photon.
- You have to purchase paid plan to use all of its options.
If you have not used the Jetpack plugin yet, try using it. So that you get the experience too. If you find better results than using this plugin then you can use it.
My Point of View:
In my case, I have used it for about 1 year. If true, the use of this plugin has slowed down the loading speed of my blog. When I used to use it, the loading time of my blog was more than 3 seconds. In the past, he did not pay attention to the loading speed of his blog. But when I did the loading speed check of the blog one day, the loading time of my blog was more than 3 seconds.
Finally, if you have found a good result by using this plugin then use it. Because many bloggers still use this plugin. If you have used it, please share your comment below in the comment below.
If you liked this post, then definitely share it in social media.